Having your family all in one place at the same time is nearly impossible these days! With busy moms and dads and active kids sometimes it seems like a three-ring circus just trying to simply sit down at the dinner table together. It’s nice to at least know that your family’s foot care can all be handled in one relaxed and calming place -- McDowell Podiatry Group is dedicated to ensuring everyone in the family has healthy feet and ankles, from the newest arrival to Grandma and Grandpa, and everyone in between!
Of course, with your busy and active family, a lot can happen in between visits, which is why we offer all sorts of valuable information on our website to help you sidestep problems yourself, and help your kids and parents do the same. We also provide monthly newsletters – if you haven’t yet signed up for these, we hope you do so soon! Each edition is full of foot care tips to keep you and your family healthy, happy, and strong!
In the meantime, keep these general guidelines in mind:
- Practice good hygiene. Keep feet clean and dry.
- Trim toenails straight across and even with tips of toes
- Check your feet daily for anything out of the ordinary
- Use a pumice stone to gently smooth corns, calluses, and rough patches
- Keep feet moisturized (but skip between toes!)
- Make sure shoes fit correctly
- Never walk barefoot in public places
- If pain or other symptoms arise, don’t ignore it! Call us to get the help you need.
We are always happy to help and answer any questions if you have them. If you wish to contact us, feel free to call our Carmichael, CA office at (916) 961-3434. We are committed to doing whatever we can to help your whole family – we’d even help get the gang together for dinner if we could!